SEO Statistics (2018)
1. Better content can drive traffic to a blog by up to 2,000%.
3. Enterprise and Mid-sized companies rely more on Technical SEO and content development to increase and maintain search presence.
4. 72% of marketers agree that relevancy is the single biggest factor for better SEO. Experts agree that writing for search terms rather than simply incorporating them into the content is pivotal for traffic.
5. Search engines drive 93% of all website traffic.
6. About ½ of all searches are four words or more.
7. Two seconds is all companies get when it comes to website load time. Anything longer increases bounce rates by 50%.
8. 18% of all local searches lead to a sale within one day. 72% of people who visit a physical location will choose one within 5 miles of their original location.
9. Having a video thumbnail in the search results can double your search traffic.
10. 90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search.
11. 82% of searchers will use their phone to help them make a decision about an in-store purchase.
Source: Timb Design12. People are 15 times more likely to use the phrase ‘near me’ in their search than they were in 2013.
13. About ½ the websites on Google’s front page are in HTTPS. 84% of people will abandon a purchase if they’re dealing with an unsecured website.
14. 50% of people are more likely to click on a particular brand name if that brand name shows up more than once on the search results.
15. Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text will.
16. 2017 saw the rise of voice searchers soar to 60%. That’s a 3400% increase from 2008!
17. Google boasts an average of 63,000 searches every single second of the day.
18. Promotional ads or links should take up no more than 15% of a web page, otherwise, they may be subjected to penalties from Google.
19. In 2015, the number one search result was clicked on 28.6% of the time. This number has dropped to 23.5%.
20. WordPress accounts for 27% of all websites around the world, but only about 40% of WordPress sites are up to date.
21. Link building is the most difficult SEO tactic to perform, according to 65% of marketers.
22. SEO has a 14.6% conversion rate compared to 1.7% for traditional outbound methods such as cold-calling or direct mail.
23. Only 7% of searchers will ever see the third page of search results.
24. 86% of people are looking on Google maps to find directions to a location.
25. Based on the numbers, organic SEO is about 5.66 times better than paid search ads. However, experts still recommend paid search ads if businesses don’t have the time to invest in organic SEO.